Verizon Fios Gigabit Upgrade Fee Bait and Switch
Waqarzaidi

A few weeks ago I called to upgrade my service to gigabit. The sales rep said there is a $150 upgrade fee. I asked what the upgrade fee is for and they responded to have a technician come out and drop a cat5 from the OnT into the house (since gigabit goes through cat5 and not coaxial). I responded the technician who originally installed fios in my home had already dropped the cat5. They said a new technician will need to verify if that’s true and if so they’ll waive the upgrade fee. So naturally I signed up for gigabit and a week later the upgrade fee is still on there! I called back and Verizon said there is no such agreement that waived the upgrade fee (typical bait and switch). Now I’m left with a 2 year contract and having to pay the upgrade fee. If anyone else is considering upgrading please get written approval of a sales rep offering to waive the upgrade. I will not be recommending fios to anyone else anymore. Worst customer service experience in my life. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Gigabit Upgrade Fee Bait and Switch
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Waqarzaidi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes