Switch Account

Verizon Fios Installation NO SHOW

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Fios Installation NO SHOW

Message 1 of 3
(924 Views)

I am furious right now as I had ordered Fios and had an installation scheduled today. They called, not once, but twice to confirm and I was told to expect them at my house from 8am to 12pm. It is now 5pm and no one showed up. I even took a day off and rearranged my schedule to be here. How can a reputable company like Verizon make an appointment to do something, and not show up? I do not expect this from a major provider and it is both DISGUSTING and absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. Upon calling the customer service center, they offered to reschedule but what good is a reschedule if I can't trust you? After all I got as good as a guarantee that they were going to come today and no phone call, no doorbell ring, no attempt was made. I don't know what kind of **bleep** show you're running but this is appalling. Needless to say I will tell my family and friends of this experience. It does not matter if you offer good packages when you have a sure customer and can't do something as simple as INSTALLING THE **bleep** THING. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Fios Installation NO SHOW

Message 2 of 3
(915 Views)

Have you rebooked the installation?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Verizon Fios Installation NO SHOW

Message 3 of 3
(906 Views)

This also happened to me. I had an install appointment which I made almost 2 months in advance so it would fall on a particular day off. Verizon called to confirm the day before and said they would arrive at my house between 8AM and 12PM. I figured since I had made the appt so far in advance I would be the first appt of the day. When they hadn't shown up by 9 I decided to check the Verizon web site and boy, I'm glad I did. It was there that I saw my appt had been CANCELLED, for no apparent reason!! No call, nothing. Just a notation on their web site under my new account. I called and after waiting forever got a human, who told me the tech had been unable to reach me to confirm (not true!) and that they could reschedule my appt for another day. This was in July and I am STILL kicking myself for what I did next: I told the rep I would cancel my order for FiOS if Verizon didn't send someone out to install it TODAY as scheduled and no later. I wasn't about to take another day off and wait around for Verizon again. The rep called a supervisor and managed to get a promise that a tech would come out to my house no later than 3PM that same day. The tech came (at 4:00), rushed through the install and left me with FiOS. THIS is why I'm still kicking myself in November. I stupidly agreed to a 2-year contract and now I am stuck with FiOS until 2015 unless I pay a HUGE early cancellation fee. I'll put it simply: I MISS COMCAST!! The only good thing about FiOS is their good picture, other than that they are inferior to Comcast in every way: VOD content, customer service, mobile apps, their web site, I could go on but I don't want to sound like a whiner, LOL. Do yourself a BIG favor and don't let Verizon reschedule your install appt. Just walk away. I wish I had.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.