Verizon Fios Installed in my Neighborhood, But I Can't Buy
izyreal

So I have a what I am hoping is a unique problem. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I've been through the last few weeks.

Several months ago, Verizon trucks started appearing in my neighborhood and upon inquiry I found out that they were there to install Verizon FIOS. I was quite excited because I have been coveting the service for quite some time. I laughed secretly to myself as I thought about how the days of my current ISP were numbered. Time passed and the trucks disappeared. I began using the Verizon FIOS availability checking tool weekly to see if the service had become available to my house. Unfortunately, the tool always showed it as unavailable. 

Then one joyous day about two months ago, I got home from work to find that a Verizon tent with actual Verizon representatives had been set up at the entrance to the cul-de-sac on which I live. The tent was emblazoned with a banner announcing that the reps were there to sell FIOS. JOY OF JOYS!

Unfortunately, I had a previously scheduled appointment that I had to go to, so I only had time to stop at the tent to inquire whether the service was available at my house, but not to actually go through the sign-up process. The reps checked a paper that they had that listed all the new houses that had FIOS now available and glory days my house was on the list!

However, since that day, my house has remained stubbornly on the unavailable list online. I have called Verizon many times and been routed to every department on earth, but they all tell me that the service is unavailable because the stupid computer says so. I don't believe it. I saw trucks installing in my neighborhood, I saw the paper that confirmed my house was on the list, and by George I want Verizon FIOS! 

I've spent hours on the phone with very sweet but ineffectual Verizon reps. We have discussed in detail the limitations of Verizon technology and policy. (e.g. Verizon can't send someone to physically check if I have FIOS because I have Direct TV available, or some such nonsense). I am turning here as a last and final resort.

Is it possible, just possible that Verizon's computer system is mistaken and that I actually do have FIOS? Can I FINALLY ditch the horrible service I currently have with the Com company that currently Casts my internet? Can I experience the joy and freedom of surfing the sun-set net, instead of having my service slow to a crawl each night at 6:40pm?

I hope so.

Please help. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Installed in my Neighborhood, But I Can't Buy
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try just ordering phone service.

Someone else just tried this and it then enabled them to get FiOS.

0 Likes