Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!

SOLVED
xcareem
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!

Message 1 of 2
(535 Views)
I've Recently Moved Into A New Apartment And I Wanted To Get Internet. I Heard It Took A Couple Hours To Install Everything. But Just A While Ago I Found A Fios Box In One Of The Closets, So How Will I Get That Activated ? Will They Still Have To Come Out Here ? Or Can I Buy A Router And Activate It Online ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!

Message 2 of 2
(524 Views)

@xcareem wrote:
I've Recently Moved Into A New Apartment And I Wanted To Get Internet. I Heard It Took A Couple Hours To Install Everything. But Just A While Ago I Found A Fios Box In One Of The Closets, So How Will I Get That Activated ? Will They Still Have To Come Out Here ? Or Can I Buy A Router And Activate It Online ?

Hi there,

Verizon does a lot of self activations as well as tech visits. So if you have a FiOS Box in the closet then that is likely a place that qualifies for a self activation.  You'll have to call them or order it online and set up an account, and they will give you an activation date. they may need to ship you a router if you don't already have one.  If you're setting up internet only, then you can connect an ethernet cable to any router you want.  If you get TV on top of it, then you will probably need one of these bad boys.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!

Message 2 of 2
(525 Views)

@xcareem wrote:

Hi there,

Verizon does a lot of self activations as well as tech visits. So if you have a FiOS Box in the closet then that is likely a place that qualifies for a self activation.  You'll have to call them or order it online and set up an account, and they will give you an activation date. they may need to ship you a router if you don't already have one.  If you're setting up internet only, then you can connect an ethernet cable to any router you want.  If you get TV on top of it, then you will probably need one of these bad boys.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.