Verizon Fios Internet outage??? anybody having the same problem near NJ?
Qtizzle

It's almost 2 weeks now.. Initially, my internet speed started to slow down during night time. Now, It's  slow the whole entire time from day and night.  Verizon agents kept prolong the time for the repair.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Internet outage??? anybody having the same problem near NJ?
joe-nyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

if they delay your ETR and/or premise visit

it's likely to be an area wide or pon specific issue.

http://downdetector.com/status/verizon

you should document which days you are getting

under 80% of bandwidth you pay for, then call billing

and insist they prorate you back some credit for the days

you suffer substandard service.

0 Likes
Metalunna1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since at least Aug 24th my Downloads have been around 2Mbps,  I should be 100Mbps.

My uploads are just fine.

I see the same thing as you with support - they keep upping ther repair time by 4 hours (ie. 10am - 2pm - 6pm - 10pm etc).

compuboy04
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK GOD someone else who knows what they are talking about with the exact same issue. Trying to get a sense of scale here... i've had fios for 7 years and the longest outage was maybe 3 hours. I'd love it if someone had details of exactly what the problem is... waiting for a part maybe?

My zip code is 07057. Whats yours?

0 Likes
Metalunna1
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of the Reps told me it was an issue with a local OLT. i also thought it was a parts issue but they could not give me a clear answer. 

I too have not had any issues with fios over 6 years but this one hurts as i work from home and i had to make alternate plans to work elsewhere. its been 4 days and there has been 0 communication feom verizon.

id understand a lack of parts but it is frustrating to constantly ask for updates but only get reps that "assure" me the problem will be fixed by 10am..then 2pm..then 6pm..etc

most frustrating is that thebreps arent even logging when i check in. none of them could tell me the other times i called or chatted..thank goodness im keeping a log

btw..im in 07012

0 Likes
compuboy04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke to a freind is Saddle Brooke and same deal... Yea... Personally I work in the tech field but even for people that dont some sort of log would be helpful. The support thing that auto updates and just ads 4 more hours to the ETA is doing no one any good. It must be serious or they just dont care... I'd like to think its serious. At least we have 2-4mbps with some packet loss and full upload. I too am going to have to either use my aircard or do go somewhere else tomorrow. RDP and VPN conenctions in this state are painful

0 Likes
compuboy04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per verizon supervisor its is a "network deflection issue" basically issues with light not bouncing through the fiber correctly and causing loss and transmission issues. They said they have techs onsite right now and are looking for resolution before noon.

If that does not happen it could be a few more days. I'm going to call Comcast and see if they can set me up with service for a month if its not resolved by then