Verizon Fios Scam Free Installation
hdtvcamera1

I was working on the construction of my home and noticed an advertisment for free Fios installation. I spoke to the verizon installation people and they told me that I could have the installation then immediatly suspend the service. What ended up happening...I was billed $100 for the installation, $50 plus for the first month's service and $52 for the installation.  I've spent hours on the phone with supervisors getting the charges removed only to have them show up again later.  I did not agree to any of the charges that verizon has billed to my credit card.

After spending hours on the phone I decided that Verizon is an unethical company. It's clear that they are employing predatory billing practices and that legitimate customer issues fall on deaf ears. I told the supervisor who said there is nothing she could do to help me that I was cancelling my fios account and that I didn't want verizon service anymore based on my horrible customer experience. Instead of cancelling the account she resumed the service.  I had to call back again cancel the service. Now Verizon has resumed the internet service and claims they need to bill me for another 2 weeks of service. They claim the service can't immediatly be turned off.  This is a pathetic lie. The service can be immediatly turned off.  They just want to continue billing me for a period.

Verizon's policy for billing is predatory, unethical and I'm sure violates the law.  There is no same voice that can be reached in customer service.

I've called the executive offices, left a message and recieved no reply. This is my last effort to contact senior management and make them aware of the issues that I have faced.

I've been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. I refuse to pay the bogus arbitrary bills and plan to file an FCC complaint, Contact the senate communications oversite comitte with a grevience.

Is verizon so pathetic that you can't hear your customers and they need to escalate things to this level in order to be heard?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Scam Free Installation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes