Verizon Fios Support is an embarrassment to humanity
npk34
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just want to make sure that as many people as possible are aware of the truly awful job Verizon Fios does with customer service. Hopefully I'm able to at least provide a warning to anyone thinking of engaging with this horrible group whose main purpose seems to be waste their customers' time.

This past Thursday night I scheduled a tech to come out the next day between 8 am and 5 pm to repair my Verizon Fios internet. I took off work to meet the tech. I received a call around 10 am confirming the appointment for that day. 5:30 rolls around and the tech still has not shown up. I called Verizon's tech support line and waited on hold for 20 min. The rep I spoke with said they didn't know why the tech never showed up and put me on hold another 20 min to check with dispatch. His answer after 20 min? He still doesn't know. He offered to make an appointment for the next day between 11 and 2.

The next day I kept my children home from what otherwise would've been a day at the pool to wait for the tech. I called at noon to make sure the tech was still coming. The tech support rep checked with dispatch (while I was on hold for 15 min) and said the tech was wrapping up his current job and that my job was next. He would be calling me shortly to let me know when he was on his way. 2:30 rolls around. No tech, no call. I call into the tech support line again and speak to another rep after a 10 minute wait. They check with dispatch to find out why the tech never showed and didn't call with an update. Their answer? They have no idea. I'm put on the phone with a supervisor who assures me he has secured the first job of the day for the following day. 8 am to 9 am.

9:30 am the next morning I receive a call from Verizon tech support to inform me the tech will not be able to make the scheduled appointment and that they have no idea when he will be coming out. Ultimately the tech showed up at 11:30 am and finished the job in 20 minutes.

Throughout this sad display I made approximately 25 calls to tech support due to the frequency with which I was hung up on, told I would receive a call back but never did, put back into the hold queue by reps who apparently didn't feel like doing their job, and referred to incorrect phone numbers by reps and their supervisors. This is by far the worst customer experience I've had in my life. The entire Verizon support team - reps, supervisors, dispatch, technicians - should be ashamed of themselves and any upper management that allows such a substandard team to exist should be embarrassed.

I hope that anyone reading this thinks twice about giving Verizon their business as this is truly an organization that stands out for their utter disregard and lack of respect for their customers.
Re: Verizon Fios Support is an embarrassment to humanity
dontcrossm3

I had issue with them coming out.  I think if the tech misses first call it screws the whole ticket. 

AFter a week with no tv or internet i called cancellations department.  They had tech come from south jersey 2 hours away on a sunday to "REPLACE MY POWER ADAPTER on the ONT"

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Can you list the Cancellations number please.  I have had no voice service since the storm, and right now they are easter egging it when they show up at all.  Techs are stretch too thin, I understand that, but up until now I have been the guy at the bottom of the list 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi starrin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes