Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)
Laguna1

Hi, I'm unable to login to my fios router (quantum gateway). the login seems to be stuck at admin and is grayed out. ive tried the password i had set initially and that doesn't work, neither does the one on the side of the router. ive tried different browsers and even rebooted. while my internet is working i need to look and potentially change the advanced settings config on my router. I'd like to avoid having to reset the router altogether. anyone seen this or have any ideas

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The user name is admin by default and always grayed out. If you can’t remember the changed password then you will have to hard reset. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)
Laguna1

Is there a lockout period if you keep trying 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The other poster gave you good advice. It’s much simpler to hold the reset button in for a 20 second count then you can access the router. With admin-then password from the router sticker. 

please remember to use the router password and not the wifi password. You cannot get into the router settings with the wifi password used with your wireless SSID

you don’t lose anything since you never made any changes other than your password.

0 Likes
Laguna1

Thanks for the tip and advice. I have custom forwarding rules inplace so i am trying to avoid having to recreate. 

0 Likes