Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)

Message 1 of 5
(792 Views)

Hi, I'm unable to login to my fios router (quantum gateway). the login seems to be stuck at admin and is grayed out. ive tried the password i had set initially and that doesn't work, neither does the one on the side of the router. ive tried different browsers and even rebooted. while my internet is working i need to look and potentially change the advanced settings config on my router. I'd like to avoid having to reset the router altogether. anyone seen this or have any ideas

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)

Message 2 of 5
(780 Views)

The user name is admin by default and always grayed out. If you can’t remember the changed password then you will have to hard reset. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon Gateway Router - unable to login (User is grayed out and cant be updated)

Message 3 of 5
(712 Views)

Is there a lockout period if you keep trying 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(645 Views)

The other poster gave you good advice. It’s much simpler to hold the reset button in for a 20 second count then you can access the router. With admin-then password from the router sticker. 

please remember to use the router password and not the wifi password. You cannot get into the router settings with the wifi password used with your wireless SSID

you don’t lose anything since you never made any changes other than your password.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(584 Views)

Thanks for the tip and advice. I have custom forwarding rules inplace so i am trying to avoid having to recreate. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.