Verizon Gigabit Ethernet Upload lower than expected
cpufrost

Download averages ~920-945 Mbit/s (OK)

Upload averages ~710-750 Mbits/s (lower than expected result)

Power cycled everything.  Using direct connection to ONT.  Previously had 500Mbps service and always got avg. 511 down, 568 up.

I've read on dslreports where early upgraders had this issue and the equipment was not provisioned correctly.  There are quite a bit of users getting > 900 both up and down as to be expected on gigabit service.

I did have previous trouble tickets in the past for lower than normal upload speeds with my 500Mbps service as well.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Gigabit Ethernet Upload lower than expected
cpufrost

This is the best case scenario with upload.  Often its around 700-725.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@cpufrost wrote:

Download averages ~920-945 Mbit/s (OK)

Upload averages ~710-750 Mbits/s (lower than expected result)

Power cycled everything.  Using direct connection to ONT.  Previously had 500Mbps service and always got avg. 511 down, 568 up.

I've read on dslreports where early upgraders had this issue and the equipment was not provisioned correctly.  There are quite a bit of users getting > 900 both up and down as to be expected on gigabit service.

I did have previous trouble tickets in the past for lower than normal upload speeds with my 500Mbps service as well.

Thanks in advance!image

Not an issue at my house. And this speed test is via an iPad on wireless.

however my speed tests from ookla are abysmal. But a poster at DslReports said most servers do not handle Gigabyte speed tests. So my 620/470 is really not good from Ookla.

0 Likes
cpufrost

Bump, this problem seems to be getting worse.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its possible it is your PC.

I assume you are running to verizon speedtest site?

If so, open a trouble ticket to have them investigate.

0 Likes
cpufrost

I will open a ticket.

We have tried bypassing our enterprise firewall (10Gbps) and went straight to the ONT interface with similar results.  Downloads are fine (950Mbps on every local server based speedtest).  Uploads, OTOH, at BEST are around 800Mbps, mostly in the 730-780 range.  I've seen others getting speed tests in the 945/920 d/u range.  Something isn't quite right here.

0 Likes
cpufrost

I was told this would be corrected on the 8th.

It's now the 10th and the problem persists!

Lots of complaints of speeds not where they should be!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

You will need to contact support for problem resolution.

0 Likes
G_l

Ordered this upgrade on 5/12/2017 as of today 5/13/2017 my Download speed is ~100Mb and Upload is ~900Mb.  My prior plan was 100/100.  Seems to still be an issue.  

0 Likes
G_l

Talked to FIOS Tech support and was notified the ONT configuration is a two step process.  Per the Tech upload is confiured first after which download will be configured.  [Kind of seems questionable but figured I would pass it along]

0 Likes