Switch Account

Verizon + Gmail = problems

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon + Gmail = problems

Message 11 of 13
(495 Views)

Is possible that routing to the the GMAIL servers have network delays on Verizon that your old provider didn't have.

I have GMAIL and Thunderbird. Will give it a try to see if I have similar issues.

As a side note, when I google gmail thunderbird smtp, I do see a fair number of posts of people complaining about server timeout.

I understand that your previous setup worked fine, but it does sound as this is not a new issue to Thunderbird. Did you maybe get a recent software update? Or maybe check to see if there are more recent versions that may help alleviate the issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 12 of 13
(479 Views)

Oregon??  Not Verizon territory unless you are talking Cell phone.  Fios their is Frontier.

Note some areas are effected by Harvey and Irma.  Definite delays here in FL.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 13 of 13
(477 Views)

You know I did not notice it was Oregon. Wow glad you did !

@tns2 wrote:

Oregon??  Not Verizon territory unless you are talking Cell phone.  Fios their is Frontier.

Note some areas are effected by Harvey and Irma.  Definite delays here in FL.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.