Verizon Help and Support Tool
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

On the programs list on  my computer  there is a Verizon Help and Support Tool. I already uninstalled the Verizon In Home Agent as I no longer wish to have it on my computer. but I'm still getting messages to install Verizon In Home Agent updates. I don't  want to uninstall the Verizon Help and Support Tool if it is needed for something else other than the Verizon In Home Agent. Should I remove the Verizon Help and Support Tool? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Help and Support Tool
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure, but that is unistalling that is what I would do/try.

0 Likes
ROBERT_O
Enthusiast - Level 1

INSTALLED VsAGENET    CANO'T  GET ON SCREEN

0 Likes
raf7

I have the same question. It takes 55.11 MB memory but I doubt whether it's useful.

0 Likes
romanneet
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi I am trying to hook up a vcr/dvd combo to my verizon dvr how can i do thgat thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@romanneet wrote:

hi I am trying to hook up a vcr/dvd combo to my verizon dvr how can i do thgat thanks

DVR & Set-Top Box Wiring Diagrams The model, size, and color of your FiOS TV equipment may vary. To find the wiring diagrams for your Set-Top Box, DVR, or digital adapter, select your specific equipment model below.

High Definition (HD) DVRs

romanneet
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have a vcr/dvd combo panasonic and trying to hook it up to my verizon dvr 7216 motorola  they sent a digram but is was for a vcr and nothing match please help  

0 Likes
romanneet
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
romanneet
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can i hook up a vcr dvd player Panasonic  to a verizion dvr motorola 7216 need help 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take it easy on the posts please 🙂

You'll want to hook the device up as follows:

Start at the FiOS Set Top Box. This has to be the first device in line. You'll need two connections from this device. One goes to the TV, preferably HDMI (one cable, not the round coaxial cable!) or Component (the Red, White, Blue, Green and Red connection). This will ensure you get HD service. The second connection between the Verizon Set Top Box should be Composite, not coaxial for maximum quality. This is the Red, White and Yellow connection but it can also be component if your player supports it (hard to say without model number). That goes into your player's INPUT slot as you're taking an input from the device for recording. You cannot output to the FiOS DVR. From the VCR/DVD combination unit, use Composite cable or Component to the TV to ensure video and audio quality.

So basically like this:

---Coaxial---- [ FiOS STB ] --------- (HDMI / COMPONENT CABLE) ------ [ Television ]

|                                                                                                   |

|                                                                                                   |

|--------- [ Composite / Component cable ] ----- [ VCR / DVD unit ]

As mentioned before, I would strongly suggest not attempting to connect the DVD/VCR unit before the DVR. It needs to be connected afterwards and ideally, not between the TV and Set Top Box if you have HD service. You won't have HD then.

0 Likes