Switch Account

Verizon Home Network Protection

Verizon Home Network Protection

SOLVED
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 11 of 32
(2,291 Views)

As I have posted before, you must contact McAfee to get assistance getting this blight off your system (router) there is a McAfee uninstall program on the web if you do a google search. 

This home protection as you have found is not good. Verizon never should have made it that it cannot be uninstalled but it never thinks of the harm. 

Contributor Patamy
Contributor
Message 12 of 32
(2,203 Views)

Verizon Fios app is having problems. They are apparently aware and are working on a fix. You will not be able to access the parental controls from your cell phone or ipad until they update the app with a fix. Access the parental controls from a router on a computer. Use chrome not Internet explorer. 

Contributor Mff
Contributor
Message 13 of 32
(2,161 Views)

There is no such drop down

Contributor Mff
Contributor
Message 14 of 32
(2,162 Views)

There is no “security settings” in there

Contributor Mff
Contributor
Message 15 of 32
(2,161 Views)

This is not working either

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 16 of 32
(2,131 Views)

There is a poster stating click on the three ... dots and then you can scroll down and turn it off. No one at two other forums I visit have a easy solution.

easiest solution reset the router back to day 1 or buy your own router which Verizon cannot mess with.

Contributor MamaG77
Contributor
Message 17 of 32
(1,938 Views)

Shutting it off does not remove it. You can't access parental controls even when you shut if off from a web browser.  Tells you to use the app

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 18 of 32
(1,936 Views)

As I said so far I have read it is not easy to turn it off.

but a full reset of the router should disable it. Or buy your own router like an Asus or Netgear which cannot be messed with via Verizon 

Copper Contributor StanSpotts
Copper Contributor
Message 19 of 32
(1,855 Views)

Top right corner of app are three vertical dots. Click there and you'll see the "Account & Settings" menu option. However, if you're seeing the stupid "We are activating your service. Check back soon." message, the option to disable home network security isn't there.  Catch-22 - you can't remove it until it works, and you want to remove it because it doesn't work.  Stupid UX.

And I wish the people that respond by telling you to go to the router via your browser to remove it actually verified there's an option to do that before posting a solution that isn't there...

Contributor Mag206
Contributor
Message 20 of 32
(1,826 Views)

I’m going on 3 months. No one from Verizon can figure it out. Great service 🙄👏🏻

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.