Verizon In Home Agent Question
Namor216

Hello everyone,

When the tech guy came over to my place to set up the connection, he decided to use my brother's laptop to connect. (He watched my place while I was at work). During the process, he downloaded the Verizon In Home Agent and some other information onto his laptop.

Since he is not the one living here or paying for the internet, is there a way to transfer the Agent to another computer? Is the Agent required for internet connection? I thought I would ask before he does something rash like uninstall the programs.

Thank you for your help!

-Namor216

0 Likes
Re: Verizon In Home Agent Question
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need the agent software.   In fact, some here will tell you it causes more problems that it helps diagnose.

If you feel really attached to it, you can download and install it on your machine any time you like.

prisaz
Legend

Here is a link to the Verizon Internet board that explains more about the in home agent, what it does, and where to download it.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Troubleshoot-and-Setup-FiOS-Connections-with-VZ-In-Home-A...

donutz28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's  In Home Agent is bloatware that supposedly reduces call volume to their call centers.

Uninstall it along with ANY Verizon software on your computer.

Yes,  their installs require installing all this garbage unsupported software to your PC.   Which more people knew what a 'virtual machine' is.   Would make the Fios install less of a hassle to the end user.