Verizon In-Home Agent for Mac Error "You need to be connected to a FIOS internet connection"
seamuskrat

I am running an iMac running Mac OSX 10.7.4 Lion with the latest version of Verizon's In-Home Agent for Mac (7.09.22).  I have some issues with my DVR not being seen by the web portal, my iPhone, etc.  So I thouht I would run the In-Home agent.

I get the very odd message " In order to use In-Home Agent, you need to be connected to a Verizon FIOS or High Speed Internet Connection".  Peculiar since I am in fact connected as I write theis, It is high speed and it is FIOS.

Due to storms, phone support is over 90 minute wait.  Figured I would try the forums.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon In-Home Agent for Mac Error "You need to be connected to a FIOS internet connection
Jerry_D1

I'm having the same issue today and have the exact setup as you. (iMac, Lion etc). My iPhone app does see my DVR but the In-Home Agent issue is the same. Perhaps it is storm related. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon In-Home Agent for Mac Error "You need to be connected to a FIOS internet connection
Jerry_D1

Oh, I left it open and it said "Service Temporarily Unavailable" so it is them, not your machine.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you guys connected directly to the actiontec with a hardwire or wireless, or is there an airport router, or similiar third party router connected?

0 Likes