Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Verizon Installation

JffMorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Installation

Message 1 of 8
(893 Views)

hello, I am getting verizon installed next week but i have no coax outlet in the room i wish to have the internet router. Will the installer wire an outlet or will i not be able to have the router in that room. There is a ONT in my home already.

7 REPLIES 7
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon Installation

Message 2 of 8
(833 Views)

It may depend on how easy it will be to run.

Do you have coax run in the house already?

They might run it outside the house a drill a hole in the wall that way as well.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
JffMorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(773 Views)

Yes there are 2 coax in the living area, in every room there is two covered up outlets.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 8
(749 Views)

So the room you want your router in has no coax?

Why does the router need to be in that room? I assume it is because you have a hardwired PC or other device in that room?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
JffMorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
(746 Views)

yes the room i want the router in does not have a coax outlet but there are two just blank outlets and i dont know if there is coax inside one of them.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 8
(737 Views)

Take to cover plates off.

Could be coax that just needs to be terminated.

JffMorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(667 Views)

I took both of them off and one is just an empty cavity and the other has two cables in it which i dont know what they are.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 8 of 8
(660 Views)

Can you post a pic?

Anyway, might be worth showing to installer.
Depending on where it is located and what might be located underneath, they still might be able to run a cable for you.

Any chance there is a room that shares a wall that has a cable connection on that wall?

If unused, you might could snake from that wall to the one you need.

Or could run a cable through the wall and put a splitter.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.