Verizon Internet Security Suite defragmenter
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I use the Verizon Internet Security suite to defragment the hard drive and defragment the system files on the next boot I get a blue screen when the computer tries to restart automatically after doing a boot-time defrag.  I looked in the Raxco noticed the PerfectDisk2008 folder indicating theat Verzion Internet Security Suite 8.0 uses the older PerfectDisk 2008 engine instead of the latest PerfectDisk 10 engine.  I cannot use the retail version of PerfectDisk 10 Professional if I have Verizon Internet Security suite installed because it would conflict and overwrite the Verizon version if I try to install it causing the built-in defragmenter to no longer work.  I'm using Windows Vista Service Pack 2 64-bit with a Core i7 920 processor.

What's new in PerfectDisk 10 Build 110
  • Bug Fixes
    1. During a boot-time defrag on an Intel, multi-core, X64 processor, running Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2008 SP2 you may experience a crash after the boot-time defrag completes and the computer is rebooting. Raxco has confirmed there is a race condition in Windows if the computer is rebooted during the boot process. Rebooting after the boot-time defrag can trigger this. The crash however does not occur in Windows 7. Raxco has worked around this timing condition with this service pack.
    2. Changes made in McAfee Total Endpoint Protection (SafeBoot) prevent PerfectDisk from excluding SafeBoot files from defragmentation.
    3. An excluded file located on system drive root is not reported as Excluded.
    4. Analyze statistics for a system drive does not list the pagefile.
    5. Recycler and Space Reports process a removable drive after Removable storage was turned OFF.
    6. Performance and free space charts do not show date for the latest data point.
    7. The entire System Volume Information folder does not need to be excluded from defragmentation.
    8. PerfectDisk.exe crashes in Exchange version after the trial period expires.
    9. Automatic adjustment of resource thresholds is not working in Virtual Edition version.
    10. Recycler pane does not preserve drive selection and option selection.
    11. Remove "Buy Now" link from a fully licensed version.
Message Edited by KeithWeisshar on 06-27-2009 03:18 AM
0 Likes