Verizon - Internet got more money out of me...AGAIN! IRRITATED! EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED!!!
redfire0205
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have been having issues with my WiFi connectivity with my Verizon provided router ever since I signed on for Verizon Fios in 2007. I have a 1500 sq. ft. home and my router is centrally located in my living room. No matter where I am in my house, the connectivity was always horrible. Unless I was sitting in the living room within 5 ft. of the router, I could barely get connected, and when I did connect, I certainly was not achieving the 35/15 speed I was paying for. I then upgraded to 50/25 for the Fios Quantum a few weeks ago, and even with paying for a faster speed, I had absolutely NO luck. I spoke to Verizon and they recommended I purchase the new GigaN router they are selling for $80!!!!! I did so, and finally...FINALLY...after almost 6 years, am getting good connection throughout my home and good speed. What I am very upset with Verizon for is that they are advertising and selling equipment (router) that does not support the range or connectivity they are charging their customers for!!! I had to spend another $80 on additional equipment just to achieve the range and connection speed I had been paying for. This is very frustrating to me, and given that I have been a customer for over 5 years, I would think that Verizon would offer it's existing customers a credit for their existing equipment and not charge them extra for equipment that is required to meet their existing contract committments!!!!
Re: Verizon - Internet got more money out of me...AGAIN! IRRITATED! EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED!!!
tery221
Enthusiast - Level 2

They got me too. I had to call them about a problem I was having. They fixed it but they said that I could upgrade and get the same price if I took a two year contract. I specifcally asked if that was right, and the discounts I was already receiving would still be valid. She said yes. Three months later my bill goes up 31 dollars because my discounts expired. When I called they said, "She was wrong. Sorry". " We value you business". Crooks. Comcast might not be any better but they never screwed me over so when the contract is up, I will switch just on proncipal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon - Internet got more money out of me...AGAIN! IRRITATED! EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED!!!
redfire0205
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish Comcast, Time Warner, or AT&T U-verse was available where I live, but unfortunately...other than satellite, Verizon is the only option.

It's very disappointing.  I've never had issues with the cable or phone, ONLY internet!

0 Likes