Verizon JETPACK while waiting for install
LFC1986

Quick question for the board: Has anyone ever received or been promised a wifi Jetpack while waiting for their Fios service installation date?

In late June when I set up my service for internet and TV at my new home, the fios customer support person promised to send a jetpack to us so that we would have internet while waiting for fios to be installed (not until August 7th!!)..

I called back a week later to check in to see when our jetpack would arrive and now customer support is saying that they aren't allowed to send me a jetpack because "my area doesn't qualify"?? Has anyone delt with this?

I find it tremendously unprofessional to promise something as simple as a wifi pack and then not deliver simply because "the computer says we can't send it"...

How is this even possible?  We have verizon wireless and our signal strength is fantastic (NJ) and the jetpack would most certainly work in my neighborhood.  To tell me that we have to wait over 5 weeks for installation and then not make it any easier by sending us the jetpack as promised, killing our monthly data usage, is absolutely unacceptable and not what I thought we would be getting with fios service - and we haven't actually even begin to use it yet!

Thoroughly disappointed in verizon, their flip-flopping, lack of transparency, and the inability of managment to solve simple issues customers are dealing with..

0 Likes
Re: Verizon JETPACK while waiting for install
jonjones1
Legend

Think of this a moment.

The Jet Pack is a Verizon Wireless device and not a fios device.

In fact two seperate companies under the same umbrella corporation.

You could call verizon wireless and get a mifi, jet pack but it would not be free.

Sales people lie that is how they make their living. You could always say to Fios cancel the order because you were lied to, but you wold not have fios. It is a trade off.

Always get everything in writing. 

Hope it works out

0 Likes
Re: Verizon JETPACK while waiting for install
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LFC1986,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes