Verizon LIED and charged $99 for setting up when everything was already set up.
DSL11

I moved into my new building on 9/21/2019, and I originally had Spectrum to come and set up my internet. However, when the Spectrum technician came, he discovered that my unit was already wired with Verizon and suggested that I proceed with Verizon as they should be able to set it up instantly. So, I call verizon and the lady (who is supposed to be the person designated from verizon to help residents moving into my building specifically) to set up the wifi. I also told her the situation and told her that I see that the router and everything is set up in my unit, so asked if she could just activate that router with my new account. I may not know the process of activating a new account and what is or not possible, but she LIED and said whatever equiments I see are not a router, and I MUST schedule for a technician to come and set it up properly. And of course the next available appointment was 8 days later. SO I waited 8 days, getting $75+ overcharged on my verizon wireless account because I don't have my wifi, and today the technician comes. Guess what? He comes in and plugs the new router in to the router that I said was a router. I also heard him literally saying to this person who came with me who seems like was being trained, "this is a two years old router she already has, but let's give her a brand new router since she's paying for this visit". **bleep**? It's a scam that verizon pulled on me by making me pay almost $100 for THIS. I am not paying that, and I see that there are many other complaints regarding this same issue, and I need this fee to be waived.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon LIED and charged $99 for setting up when everything was already set up.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DSL1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes