Verizon Media Manager is setting off my Anti-Virus!
Superkitty11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I ran a virus scan (using the ESET online Scanner www.eset.com/online-scanner ) and it only showed 1 threat:

the scan results were as follows:

C:\Program Files\Verizon\Verizon Media Manager\Release\VaultMediaClient.dll

probably a variant of Win32\Genetik trojan

cleaned by deleting - quarantined

=========
Why is eset detecting this? Please advise ASAP. This is not the 1st time a Verizon product set off my anti-virus software. Last time it was because of a file delivered in Verizon in-home agent...

Help!!

Thanks

MJ

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Media Manager is setting off my Anti-Virus!
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's entirely possible that it's a false positive.  You should contact your Anti-virus provider to see what their procedure is for reporting a false positive to them.   They will usually provide you with instructions on how to upload the questionable executable so that they can check it in depth and make the necessary corrections if appropriate.

Re: Verizon Media Manager is setting off my Anti-Virus!
Superkitty11
Enthusiast - Level 2

It probably is a false positive since I uninstalled/reinstalled Media Manager and saw the same file there.  My issue then is why is it happening with only Verizon products? As mentioned this was the 2nd verizon product (1st being In-Home Agent) that was detected. At that time I even used a different anti-virus product (McAfee Security Center).

Thanks

0 Likes