Verizon Missed Install Date
Mwu

I am a very very upset customer myself! We are moving into our new home this weekend. We placed an order to get fios Internet two months ago, in early may for June 27 installation. Lo and behold, no one showed up and nobody called last Thursday. We placed three phone calls into Verizon and each an hour long. During the last call, I spoke with someone who claimed he is with the "elite" customer service group (we called three times during a 24 hr period and the call got escalated to him.)  I was told that we were rescheduled for this coming Sunday and he asked me to call back to confirm on Tuesday which his today. I spoke with a lady name Reba {edited for privacy} around 10 pm .she told me she couldn't see any of the notes from the last three conversations and earliest she can reschedule for us is in august. I was really upset at that point and asked if Verizon recorded customer calls so we can fully understand the situation. I also asked to speak to a supervisor. Guess what she told me? Only the CEO of Verizon can listen to the recorded phone calls! Lol... I asked her again no one in charge of the ops can listen to the calls? She said "only the CEO can listen to the call". The supervisor refused to talk to us either. I am so disappointed with what I experienced with Verizon. This is hard evidence that when one big service provider is in an almost monopoly situation, consumers get hurt. I don't think we are being unreasonable with our request. We specifically planned ahead because we needed the Internet as soon as we move in as my husband works from home. Customer service at Verizon is just so inferior. I've heard so much good things about verizon (wireless) before and this experience just totally changes my perspective. I hope someone senior is monitoring the community blog and can help us address the issue. I am specifically naming the lady I spoke to tonight because she was very unprofessional, raising her voice on me , ignorant and inpatient!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Does Not Provide the Great Service They Advertise
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mwu,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Missed Install Date
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

I just spoke with you to make sure that everything was running smoothly and your installation was complete. Please feel free to come back to the community forums if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you have have a great weekend,

-Rachel

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Missed Install Date
Mwu

I just wanted to come back and say that Verizon did resolve the issue for us. We got our internt on July 6. Thank you for getting us the internet.  

I hope the overall customer service quality would improve soon - the multiple hour- long calls I had with your customer service were not pleasant and ineffective. 

0 Likes