Verizon My Fios App Parental Controls Schedules DO NOT Work with New Home Router
dthomas2

I installed the new Verizon Home Router (white) several weeks ago replacing the Quantum Gateway Router (black).  Since then, Parental Control 'Schedules' no longer work properly.  When a Schedule "to allow internet" is set in a profile, it strangely blocks internet access, indicating "This page may require a login to access".  Strangely some images my load but browsing is useless.  

My thought is that Verizon did not properly align or configure the app with the new router platform.  Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix? thx

0 Likes
Re: Verizon My Fios App Parental Controls Schedules DO NOT Work with New Home Router
WaktJKD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Ive rebooted router, uninstalled Fios app on phone and reinstalled. Turned off network security. Ive called Fios and get the runaround...they don't have an answer.

Basically the my Fios app and the router are not talking to each other properly. 

Home Network protection is on, when I click on connected devices, it shows none (which is wrong).

Verizon try to blame it on McAfee. Just going in Circles and no one seems to know what they're doing at Verizon Support.

Re: Verizon My Fios App Parental Controls Schedules DO NOT Work with New Home Router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would not suggest to have a go-between (the App you are using) between the user and the device to be configured. You can go to router's Web GUI and directly configure everything from there. This is probably just a workaround and not an ultimate solution.

0 Likes
kddc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Web GUI is locked as Verizon forces you to use the app. The app does not keep in sync with the actual router parental control so it barely or erratically works. Who knows when Verizon/mcaffee will fix 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kddc wrote:

Web GUI is locked as Verizon forces you to use the app.

The GUI is blocked out because you are subscribed to Advanced Parental Controls/McAfee Safe Family. In this case, you can online configure the rules either through the APP or your My Verizon account on a browser.

0 Likes