Verizon Network Adaptor
mattwithcats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know the specifications of the Verizon Network Adapter?

https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/networking-wifi/

Up / Down Speed, max speed?

Do i need an additional Verizon router on the coax cable to use this device?

Does this device have a User Interface I can configure?

I have MoCA connection, to a MI424W, Rev. I, then to a Linksys EA2700.

I do not need wireless on the Verizon router, just a MoCA translation.

Running an Ethernet cable from the network box in the garage to my Verizon router is not an option.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Network Adaptor
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FiOS Network Adapter is Bonded MoCA 2.0, so it can achieve gigabit speeds over the coax. The issue is the MoCA port on the Rev I is 1.1, so you will max out around 150 mbps. That is fine if your WAN is on coax, since older ONTs can only do 75 mbps and the newer ones are limited to 100 mbps on MoCA. What exactly are you trying to setup with the adapter?

mattwithcats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to increase my speed and decrease my cost.

I have the old Verizon MI424WR rev I, with 3/1, connected to a Linksys EA2700...

To upgrade speed, I need a better Verizon router, but I do not need the wireless side.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you renting or own the Rev I? I’m not sure the ONT type that you have, but the older ONTs can do up to 75 mbps over MoCA. The newer ones can do 100 mbps. The Rev I has gigabit Ethernet ports, so if a rep told you that you need to upgrade your router then they were misinformed. 

G1100 in and running, stil working on final configuration...
mattwithcats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Fios G1100 modem install, replacing my 10+ year old Actiontec router.

Still have Mac Address filtering and DHCP Reservation to configure, but the basic setup is done.

I was lucky to have a Linksys EA2700 cascaded after the Verizon router, install was plug and play.

(Needed the Linksys for 5Ghz band, Actiontec only has a 2.4 Ghz channel)

For all those with plans below the current 50/50 minimum, or an Actiontec red band or silver router, I recommend exploring your upgrade options. 

It was cheaper per month for 50/50 than for my old plan...