Verizon Not Honoring Online Rate and Making Unauthorized Account Changes to Increase Your Rate?
CustomerinMD

Has anyone else encountered a situation like below? If so, how did you resolve it? (I probably should have left Verizon when I had the chance...)

I put in a cancellation order on 02/11/2019 for my account with an effective date of March 1. A few days later, I was online and in my account there was a 24-month renewal offer for $34.99. I signed up online on 02/16 and I received an email order that summarized the order and all the discounts offered. The email clearly shows a rate of $34.99. Even though one of the $5 discounts ended on at the end of 2019, I would at least have the rate of $34.99 for the year until it jumped to $39.99.

Today (2/20), I called Verizon Customer Service to resolve an issue with a return equipment request and to inquire why online my rate shows as $39.99 instead of the $34.99 that that I signed up for. The Representative was very nice and took steps to resolve the equipment issue and informed me that the $34.99 rate was a mistake and that the $5 online credit through December 2019 was not supposed to be on my account. He was very understanding about the equipment return, so I said I understood about the $5 online credit issue.

After the call, I get an email saying that a new order was placed. This new order shows a $39.99 rate but with a $5 online credit that ends in December 2019, which meant my rate jumps to $44.99 again at the end of this year. At this pont, I'm annoyed.

I use the Chat function but I get nowhere. I'm more annoyed. I call Customer Service again and get nowhere with the first Representative who tells me once an order is placed, you only have 24 hours to cancel. I told her I wanted to cancel the order that the Representative placed just two hours ago, but she tells me it's already gone through. Now I'm angry. I escalate the call to a Supervisor. But I'm already angry at this point. Supervisor puts in my account a note that Verizon will honor the $39.99 rate for 2 years and that when I call in December 2019, I can request to have the $5 discount put back on my account. So I have to call back in December.. but not to worry since it's all noted in my account. Thanks, I guess?? 

At this point, Verizon "honorably" honoring the $39.99 is an empty gesture. It's not even the rate I signed up for. Additoinally, I never agreed to Verizon putting in a NEW ORDER for me to change my rate. The Rep just explained why online my rate showed $39.99, not that he would make a new order to make my rate even higher!! And how is it a Representative can put in a new order two hours ago that somehow cannot be cancelled? 

At this point, I really wish I just let the cancellation order stay. VERIZON, DO BETTER!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Not Honoring Online Rate and Making Unauthorized Account Changes to Increase Your Rate?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CustomerinMD,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes