Verizon Problem is not being resolved, need someone at VZ to care please
tbakir1

Dear Manager,

I’ve been having trouble getting my problem fixed with Verizon.   I have chosen to submit my issue via email, so that it is all documented in detail, and I am tired of being hung up on by a Verizon associate because they don’t know how to solve my problem.

It all started in 2011 when I decided to get VZ Fios service, and was quickly disappointed, because I felt it didn’t live up to its promises, so I decided to cancel service.  At which point VZ charged me several fees, which continued as debts attached to my name.  Years later after VZ has continued to send my offer letters, and marketing material about how you want me back, I decided to explore the option.  I spoke to a technician and had asked him about the debt I had with VZ, and that I wanted that erased for me to sign up.  His reply was that he didn’t see any debt with VZ.  So I was content about my new service to be.

That night after some though I realized that debt was probably sold to a collection agency, and that is why VZ had no record of any debt.  This is the point where things become difficult.

I called VZ and explained my situation, stating that for me initiate service with VZ I cannot have any debt originated by VZ, no exception.  This customer service person was somewhat helpful and explained to me that VZ did not see an amount or detail for this debt, but did find the collection agency it was sold to and phone number.  She then instructed me per her management to contact this agency, and tell them VZ had sold them this debt in error ($370), and that they must call VZ to resolve the issue.  She had told me they will respond ‘no’, that they do not do that, but I must insist.  I did just that, and the collection representative did refuse to contact VZ saying, ‘we don’t contact VZ’.  I asked for the manager, whom she said is busy and will call me back.  I never received a call back.

I then went back and called VZ again, being directed to the Finance dept.  The gentlemen I spoke to this time was not helpful at first and said he couldn’t help with the situation after I explained what happened after I call the agency.  I then asked for his manager, after holding, he returned and said, ‘ok I was told I can call, hold please’.  After which I was hearing numbers being dialed, and said ‘hello’. To which he replied ‘I am trying to get them on 3-way’, and then the phone disconnects.

I call again, and speak to another rep from finance.  This person was willing to help, and while on the phone with her, she dialed in to a collection agency, and I was patched through.  I then asked ‘are you there, from VZ’ 3 times, to which I got no response.  I was patched through but the VZ rep ditched the call!  On top of that, they had connected me to the wrong collection agency, ignoring the 800 above I was given by the first VZ associate.  The agent was unable to find my account, because they weren’t the agency, another chunk of wasted time.

I call VZ back yet again, again patched through to the department I gathered is the one should talk to, Finance.  This time the person was very adversarial regarding helping me with this issue regardless of my explanation of what already happened and that management has already approved reaching out to the correct agency listed above.  I had to ask for a manager, to which she said ‘ok, please hold’.  After 3 minutes of holding, the phone went dead.

At this point I had my fill of trying to get my problem fixed by Verizon customer service via the phone.  It was a sincerely disappointing experience.

So this email is my final effort to get this problem resolved.  To reiterate my problem, I have an outstanding debt initiated by VZ, now belonging to a collection agency, which I want erased before I agree to new VZ service.  The order number for this service (scheduled 8/8/16) and other details are below.

[Mod edit: personal information removed]

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Problem is not being resolved, need someone at VZ to care please
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tbakir1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.Private Support Case

0 Likes