Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100 Router Endless Rebooting
ambroselittle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just started the other day. I _think_ it may have been after a brief power outage, but I didn't notice until later. You can see a vid of what's happening here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0i5Uzl7VXOyq8 

It acts like it's just rebooting constantly. The white world light flashes for a bit, then goes red solid for a couple seconds, then white flashes, then red briefly, then it repeats. On the back, after it goes red, all of the ethernet LEDs flash, which I think means it is starting up? 

It never appears on WiFi, and even plugging in, I never get an IP address.

I have tried manually resetting to factory using the button, but it seems to have no effect. I've tried plugging it in to different plugs, too, just in case it was some power oddity.

I'm guessing maybe a firmware update got interrupted maybe. 

Are there any further measures to try or is this one probably just hosed? 

(Note: I am a software developer and relatively competent with networking, FWIW.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100 Router Endless Rebooting
jonjones1
Legend

Call 1-800-VERIZON 

just have them send a replacement.

your diagnosis of the issue was great 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Call 1-800-VERIZON 

just have them send a replacement.

your diagnosis of the issue was great 

ambroselittle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup. I ended up chatting them up, and sharing this, and they are sending a replacement. Thanks for the confirmation.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes