Verizon Quantum Gateway Router settings issue related to printing and wifi cameras?
varealtor

Hi,

I have a Verizon Quantum Gateway router and I just did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and am downloading and installing my printer drivers.  I connect the printer to the wifi network, 100% sure it is connected and settings are set to wireless lan.  I've had this printer for a while.  Doing the setup - it cannot find the printer.

Related: I bought a 2 pack of Motorola Focus66 wifi cameras to watch my dogs when I'm gone.  I can connect to the cameras when I'm on my ipad's Verizon Wireless LTE connection, but when I'm at home connected to my same Verizon Fios wifi I cannot view cameras.  Yes - the camera and apps support local and remote connections.

I have turned the firewalls all the way off and this does not fix the problems, so I'm believing it is in the router settings.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Quantum Gateway Router settings issue related to printing and wifi cameras?
jjtasker

I had a wifi network running at my house with a PC, Laptop, 5 iphones an iPad, and an XBox all running with no issues..  I got the "Upgrade" of the Gateway router and I can connect those devices to the network but WiFi printing is screwed up and Air Printing the apple devices is totally dead..  cannot see the printer.  The customer support are completely a waste..  they suggested I pay for "Premium Support"  At this point I've invested a solid 10-15 hours trying to get this setup and talking to Verizon and its just a mess. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Quantum Gateway Router settings issue related to printing and wifi cameras?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a Canon printer with Quantum gateway and printing is no problem.

It is connected via wireless.

Works both for hardwired computers and those that connect wirelessly.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I think the FQG router is set for N and AC wireless by default. If you have an old printer you might have to turn the B and G wireless on in the router.for the printer to work. If you have a Samsung printer you might have to turn off the wifi direct. If you have a Canon printer you might have to disable the IGMP Proxy

0 Likes