Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Verizon Reneged on Promise of New Advanced WiFi Router...Then this happened...LOL...OMG

Busboss
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Reneged on Promise of New Advanced WiFi Router...Then this happened...LOL...OMG

Message 1 of 1
(1,072 Views)

I am currently on hold with Verizon and have been for over an hour.  I am waiting for a supervisor.  I'm fairly certain they have all gone home for the day and nobody bothered to clear the lines.  Why am I waiting for a supervisor?  Funny you should ask...let me explain.

Last week my Verizon landline stopped functioning.  Yes, I realize I am among the minority of folks who still pay for this dinosaur service, but I have a child and I want to know that if there is an emergency he can dial 911 and get help quick. 

So I called Verizon and they sent a tech out on Sunday to repair the problem.  Turns out some wild animal had gnawed the lines causing the service disruption.  The tech fixed the problem in just a few short minutes.  Then he wanted to talk to me about "payment options".  Options?  Since I don't pay for inside wire maintenance (yes, the wires were outside) he told me I had 3 options: 1) Pay $139 now 2) Pay $38 now and pay for inside wire maint. for one year and 3) upgrade my internet speed to 50/50 for $12 or so a month and keep it for at least 3 months.  I thought that last one was a pretty strange payment option, but it was the cheapest and one that might get me a benefit so I took it.

Checked My Verizon online the next day, saw the order and clicked the link to show "What's inlcuded with this order?" Lo and behold it showed that I was going to get a brand new "Advanced WiFi Router"!  Yay!!  I called to find out if I had to pick it up or if it would be shipped and I was told it was being shipped and it should arrive in a few days!  Yay again!! 

I got home from work that evening and had a message on the phone from Verizon stating that it looked like I wasn't going to get a new router after all.  Seems like the one I have is the only one I'm going to get!  Boo...

I called this afternoon to find out what happened and was told "Well, if someone left you a message that you are not going to get a new router, then I guess the only way for you to get a new one is to purchase it."  That's when I asked to speak with a supervisor and here I sit.

I have now hung up the phone and called back.  The lady that answered listened to my issue and told me she would send me a new advanced wifi router at no charge.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title