Verizon Residential billed surcharges to his customer with his tricks
dennychen

Verizon Residential billed surcharges to his customer with the tricks from verizon online bill pay system. I submitted several bill pay payments online for last month's bill, totally

about $48-$49. I indeed found the online bill pay system showed negative balance in "account balance" after I

paid several times. However, Verizon did not do with all the submit and only $43.66 was paid. Then Verizon

told me there is $3.90 balance was forwarded to this month and charged me $7 additional fee. The trick is,

verizon told that you paid full in the beginning but finally he discarded some payments and said that I still

own balance and surcharge me. This is not the first time Verzion did this. From last year there is at least

three times. In the past I talked with customer service to request waive the $7 surcharge fee. But this time

the customer service refuse. Since he refuse to waive the surcharge fee, I'd say either verizon play the

tricks to charge the customer additional fee, or at least his online bill pay system has important problem:

does not show correct balance to customer after customer paid some part of balance first. You know he told me

I paid fully then later he told me I did not. For this kind of late payment, the fault is not on customer, it

should be on Verizon himself. So I think Verizon should not charge addition fee in this case

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Residential billed surcharges to his customer with his tricks
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Residential billed surcharges to his customer with his tricks
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dennychen,

We didn't hear back from over on the Private Support case.

If you still require assistance, feel free to make a new post and we can be sure to look into this.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes