Verizon Router 9100EM Access Control Rules
Tahlor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having difficulty setting up access control rules.  I'm able to create one rule and specify a schedule for it etc.  However, as soon as I attempt to finish creating a second rule, no how different the schedule, device, or protocol specification from the first rule, a page pops up saying: 

Duplicate Access Control Rule:An identical rule already exists in the system.

I click OK, and it creates my second rule, only instead of using my specifications, it instead just blocks all devices from all protocols always.  Attempting to edit the rule yields the same result as creating it initially.  It seems like it's a bug in the firmware for a feature probably few people ever use; is it possible to downgrade firmware?

On a side note, I also don't think the initial rule worked the way I wanted, I'm still troubleshooting that part as well.  It seemed never to be "active" during the scheduled time.

Router Details:

Firmware Version:
Model Name:A90-9100EM15-10
Hardware Version:A
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Router 9100EM Access Control Rules
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be a firmware bug, or it could be something else bugging out. If the router hasn't been factory reset and it's been through a few firmware upgrades, try resetting it to factory defaults. Take note of any custom settings you have, so you can go in and manually re-configure the router. I would avoid importing a backed up config file in case the config turns out to be the problem, but it doesn't hurt to download a copy of your config now.

Give that a try. Others might have some more ideas.

Re: Verizon Router 9100EM Access Control Rules
Tahlor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the reset to factory defaults to no avail.  I'm going to guess it's a bug.  Since my router firmware is up to date (as best I can tell), and downgrading could be more trouble than it's worth, for now I'll just try to get by with the one rule.

I did however verify that my first rule does work, as previously the router was in the wrong timezone.

0 Likes