Verizon Security Suite
kaufmancrew

I downloaded Verizon Security Suite on my laptop last night and now it freezes when I start it up.  I need this computer for a class tomorrow.  Is there anyone that could help me?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Security Suite
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

What freezes up? The software or the whole computer?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kaufmancrew wrote:

I downloaded Verizon Security Suite on my laptop last night and now it freezes when I start it up.  I need this computer for a class tomorrow.  Is there anyone that could help me?

Thanks!

Start the machine in safe mode and uninstall it or restore to an earlier time using sytem restore

To get into safe mode hit f8 immediately windows start, probably better to hit it repeatedly.

To get to system restore hit start, help and support and slect system restore under pick a task

0 Likes
kaufmancrew

an update...I contacted Verizon for support, they couldn't get the security suite off my laptop computer so they transferred me to McAfee.  They took off part of the security suite but said that I needed to contact Dell for help. I called Dell and they said that I needed to update Microsoft Windows but kept having problems because rest of the security suite blocked the computer.  Soooo, I called Verizon back again and they couldn't do it, transferred me to McAfee again and they took this off my system.  This took over 5 hours and my computer is almost back except one program has been changed from all of this and it is causing a problem.  I have a couple of choices now according to McAfee...either take it to a computer tech and pay to have it fixed or call Dell and pay to have it fixed.  Ew...not what I bargained for when I simply wanted security.

On the bright side, we have had the security suite on our desktop for several years now (before McAfee) and it has always worked very well.

Thank you all for the advice you have given.  Wish it could have been a simple fix with Verizon helping.  😞

0 Likes