I'll be in my bunk...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Verizon: We're Testing 10 Gbps FiOS And You Aren't

Message 2 of 5
(5,586 Views)

Thumbs up!!!  Great to hear your happy about the news.  We continue to expand and bring the latest technologies to our customers. 

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 5
(5,557 Views)

The funny point is that Verizon has already made a 100Gbps pipe live.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/verizon-puts-its-100-gbps-migration-motion/2009-12-15

New Business pipe currently live and running from Paris to Franfurt

According to the article, Verizon decided to dump the experiments with the 10 Gbps because it was the same cost to start with the 100 Gbps and they will be able to do it in a similar time line. So why keep trying to upgrade to only 10 Gbps when they can do the 100 Gbps for the same price

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 4 of 5
(5,504 Views)

@spacedebris wrote:

The funny point is that Verizon has already made a 100Gbps pipe live.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/verizon-puts-its-100-gbps-migration-motion/2009-12-15

New Business pipe currently live and running from Paris to Franfurt

According to the article, Verizon decided to dump the experiments with the 10 Gbps because it was the same cost to start with the 100 Gbps and they will be able to do it in a similar time line. So why keep trying to upgrade to only 10 Gbps when they can do the 100 Gbps for the same price

Ditto / +1, common Verizon - more speed for the same price.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(5,457 Views)

i am on hd extreme double play with 25/15...can I be upgraded to 100 Gbps now for same price?

lol jk but plz verizon come wire L.I. NY up with that right now ill help test it out for ya

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.