Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Verizon box in my furnace room is beeping, how to make it stop

SOLVED
bethelonia
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Verizon box ... is beeping - One Final Longshot Suggestion

Message 11 of 14
(3,506 Views)

I could not find the plugs you showed in your photos, but then it occurred to me like a thunderbolt!  There is a wire in the dining room of my apt. that comes in through the wall!  I unplugged that and the Verizon unit beeped!  Then I disconnected the battery (again) and all the lights went off, power is disabled to the unit!

Thanks so much for your patience with me, and for helping me find the solution to my problem!

Beth

lacticacidtrip
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Verizon box ... is beeping - One Final Longshot Suggestion

Message 12 of 14
(3,499 Views)

I am so happy we could help finally get that sorted out for you. Now neither you, nor your neighbors will have to listen to it beeping anymore. And as a small bonus, you won't have to pay the electric bill for something you're not even using.

Have a great day.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

Cornell01
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon box in my furnace room is beeping, how to make it stop

Message 13 of 14
(824 Views)

Verizon should remove the box as there is an upgrade that solves the problem by not using a battery. They did this and problem is solved. I do not know anything regarding your concern if the box is for multiple users and only you hear the beeping. 

When you call iun for technical services ask for a tech that has familiarity with the problem. The solution was simple for us because one box one customer. Hope this helps.

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Re: Verizon box in my furnace room is beeping, how to make it stop

Message 14 of 14
(820 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.