Verizon breach of contract
Dom11

Here is my short story about my latest Verizon experiance. At the beginning of January of 2019 my cable service stopped working halfway. I could not reach any of my hd channels and some of my regular sd channels. A tech came out and concluded that it was a building issue and resolved the matter in about 4 days if I might add. Then just last week on February 14th my internet service went down completely so I called the tech support number and the tech concluded that it was an area outage affecting numerous customers. 

I was given a restoral time of 2 days which landed on Sunday , mind you I’m going to Starbucks just to do my homework when I pay $200 for services in my own home. After two days still no internet so I call tech support back and they push it one more day . Same story the next day my internet is still down and they claimed to have an ongoing outage. They pushed service restoral another two days still no service, at this point my girlfriend and I are fed up we can’t do anything involving the internet in our own apartment. So I hop on the line and call Verizon once again and I ask for answers to why they can’t resolve this issue and the guy tells me there is 6 other users down in my area. To me that is no where near an outage , mind you not my building they are talking about my whole area as in city. At this point I am livid that it is taking this multi billion dollar company 5 days to restore 7 customers service, there is no excuse for that. 

I then asked the tech to get me over to customer service because this issue is obviously not being resolved , I was placed on hold for over an hour so I hung up and waited till today. I still have no service , they have not dispatched any techs to my home and they didn’t seem like they cared so I reached out to tech support a few hours ago. This guy seemed to be the only one that could give me real answers about what was going on in which he told me that my service is not affected by the outage at all because the other 6 customers have internet and cable still working. He actually did a bit of digging and used his head and realized that this is an isolated issue and this could’ve been simply fixed by sending a tech out the first day that I called ! So he’s dispatching a tech out tomorrow to hopefully fix this issue that could’ve been fixed a week ago if Verizon techs/management used their heads. 

I then called customer service again to see what they can do for me and she basically said sorry and pushed on that is it. I told her I need a credit and she said they should automatically post it to my account but it turns out that is a lie because my bill did not change for the January outage. The only reason I am on this forum is because she refused to file a complaint for me and this issue, all she did was give me a ticket number for this so called “outage”. This is the worst customer service I have EVER in my life dealt with an Internet service provider . Just ridiculus, I have the ticket numbers if someone can please help me . 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon breach of contract
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Dom1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes