Verizon business acct with static IP. Issues with switching to new nighthawk router.
Palmer11

Hello to all,

I just have internet service with a Verizon business account with a static IP. The ONT was switched over from coax to Ethernet over a year ago. 

The only way to set up the night hawk router is to just connect it to the existing network with the existing FIOS router in place. I let the night hawk router auto set up but then change the dynamic settings to static and enter in all the IP address listed on the FIOS router.  In all scenarios, I can't connect to the internet through the nighthawk router ..connected directly to the ONT or if just attached to the network with a laptop attached directly to it. All the while with the white "Internet" light on the nighthawk on and flashing (but flashing slowly)

I feel like there is a major setting i'm missing or something.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon business acct with static IP. Issues with switching to new nighthawk router.
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Everything has to be exact. Type in your IP and the Subbnet Mask will be 255.255.255.0 and the Default Gateway will be the same as IP but X.X.X.1 

The DNS Servers will vary by location, buy just put in what the Verizon router show for now. If everything look correct, then hard reset the Nighthawk while connected to the ONT and type everything in again. 

0 Likes