In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
02-08-2010 10:30 AM - edited 02-08-2010 11:12 AM
Today Verizon starting censoring certain websites.
One such website: REMOVED FOR BEING INAPPROPRIATE. SORRY!
Google 'Verizon blocks 4chan' for more info.
It is blocked on both my cell phone and my FIOS internet. I pay good money every month to Verizon, and did not agree to be censored.
Customer service has denied any knowledge of the censorship, although it has been confirmed by higher-ups at Verizon. So, is it possible to removed the blocks from my account? If so, how do I do it?
If I can't get this resolved soon, I will be sending a complaint to the FCC, and I will notify the Better Business Bureau.
Thanks for your help,
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-08-2010 11:02 AM
02-08-2010 11:05 AM - edited 02-08-2010 11:05 AM
As can I. And I am going on the record as saying the content on the site IS Not appropriate for this forum! and sould not have been linked to.
02-08-2010 11:12 AM
Just in case they haven't, I have notified them.
02-08-2010 11:12 AM - edited 02-08-2010 11:14 AM
You're right. The content in that link is not appropriate for the forums. I appologize for not marking it accordingly. EDIT: I REMOVED THE LINK 🙂
However, it is still blocked for me on my cell phone and FIOS connection. I can access it through a proxy and through my internet connection at work.
More information on the block can be found here: http://status.4chan.org
02-08-2010 11:45 AM
I just read a press release saying that the block is temporary.
Is this press release available on the internet somewhere? Could you possibly provide a link? I would very much like to read it.
02-08-2010 12:32 PM
"Our network security system found traffic from some 4Chan Web sites that had strong potential to disrupt the Verizon Wireless network, affecting our customers' use of their services," Verizon spokesman Jeffrey Nelson wrote in an e-mail to CNET. "With continuing investigation, and ensuring no current risk of harm, we are giving the green-light to all 4Chan traffic. We will continue to monitor for any possibility of network harm."
02-08-2010 01:33 PM