Verizon charged $99 for a technician who did nothing because everything was already set up...
t4rd1gr4d3

When I requested to transfer my service to a new apartment a few months ago, a support person scheduled a technician to come by. I indicated that I didn't believe it was necessary as I knew my landlord had already been using Verizon at the new location, but the support person assured me that it was absolutely necessary. So a couple months later, the technician comes by, takes a look at the existing equipment, and says there isn't anything that needs to be done and leaves.

So I was charged $99 for him to confirm what I already believed. Has anyone else experienced this? And how can it be prevented in the future when a Verizon person is pressuring you to schedule an unnecessary $99 appointment? I was told that the fee cannot be waived simply because I gave in to the Verizon support person who pressured me to schedule the appointment. Even the technician believed that it should be waived and said he would see what could be done, but nothing came of it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon charged $99 for a technician who did nothing because everything was already set up...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi t4rd1gr4d3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes