Verizon charging the service that I have no intention to receive or use.
Mutts3

Two months ago my family has decided to switch from Verizon Fios to another internet provider, due to financial issues. However, I never knew that the internet only plan doesn't give a prorated refund, and so I was screwed over with two internets for the month of June. I figured that since I'm not getting my money back, and a Verizon rep had also suggested taking full advantage of this month's service by disconnecting prior to 6/27, where the new term starts. It's only later that I was told that it takes a few days for a call to disconnect to be in effect, the initial rep also didn't tell me that I could schedule a disconnection with her. I called 2 days prior to the deadline, but it took 4 days to disconnect, which means I'm stuck with another bill. To make matters worse, I couldn't even use this month's service, not even a day, because I returned the equipment on 6/27, spot on, and its disconnect after 2 days. I talked to many Verizon reps after learning the bill, many agreed and sympathizes with me that I shouldn't be charged for the service that I didn't receive. But it's only when I called the billing department that they claim and stick to the fact that the "bill is valid" like they not even trying to talk or reason with me. I even mailed a notice of customer dispute trying to set up voluntary mediation which, for a solid ten days, has never been responded. I do not wish to make the matter bigger over a $100 bill or be charged for more money(late payment fee), so I have made my payment. But I'm utterly disappointed in Verizon's way of handling this issue. Great last impression.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon charging the service that I have no intention to receive or use.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mutts,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes