Verizon claiming I did not return equipment, not resolving issue after a year
dwebb281

Hello,

I am dealing with a persistent issue with Verizon customer service over a miscommunication with the return of my fios internet and tv equipment. I had an account from September 2013 through May 2014. At the end of the period, I received all of the boxes to ship my equipment (5 cable boxes, 1 router) back to Verizon. I did this at around May 25th 2014. It was confirmed that my shipments reached Verizon facilities in the first week of June.

Unfortunately this is not the end of this story. Around the middle of July 2014 I received i bill requesting that I pay verizon a total of $3895.54 for not returning my equipment! I initially thought that this was a scam so didn't think much of it, but when I got the second bill in September, I gave them a call. on October 6, 2014 I called Verizon and got through to their billing center. I was assured by two people that my problem was a fluke in the system and that my problem would be resolved by the next billing cycle (November 2014). They explained that the problem occurred because the equipment was not checked in before the deadline date because it was just sitting around in the equipment center (which is not my fault). While I was on with support they were even able to track back and confirm that all my equipment was returned and sitting in the warehouse! Everything sounded like it was in order. 

Even better news came in the mail to me in November. A letter from a collection agency telling me that I still owe Verizon the full amount of money! So I call back Verizon customer support on November 17th 2014 and spoke to a nice woman, Carrie, from the billing department. She again, like the previous representatives, assured me that my issue was going to be resolved. She had temporarily pulled the order from the collection agency that contacted me. Carrie assured me that my frustration would not fall on deaf ears and that she would correct this and even follow up with me. This follow up never happened. Silly me for not calling back. 

January 12, 2015. Another mailing from the collection agency about the same thing. Again I contact customer service and talk to a nice woman ( last name Murphy ) and she again assures me the same things as the previous three people. I even got a case number this time. Yet, again I am extremely dissapointed.

Now, today, I am here again dealing with this same issue. And this time I was not notified by Verizon or by a collection agency, but by me seeing that my credit score has dropped over 100 points in the past month because they had reported my "delinquency" to the credit agencies.

Can anyone at all help me with this issue? This is wrongfully negatively impacting my credit score which is serious business. I need this resolved ASAP. I feel undervalued and that my attempts to rectify ths issue have been completely ignored. Please someone from support or anyone from the community help me.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
Re: Verizon claiming I did not return equipment, not resolving issue after a year
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes