Verizon did not refund me the remaining amount they owe
Abhi1

I had verizon fios internet service at my home for more than two years. It was 2 year contract which expired last November 2016 on 16th. After that even though I did not ask them to extend they continued my service. When I called them on 23rd November to discontinue the service. The agent told me she will get the service discontinued from today midnight and we will refund you the remaining amount(I was already charged 74.99$ for the month after contract). After waiting for two and half month I still did not receive the remaining amount. When I called verizon customer care today, the agent told me they can not refund me the amount. First of all, I was not in any contract and secondly earlier agent had clearly told me I will be getting the refund for remaining amount. Also I  never asked to continue my service after contract expired. I was just asking for refund for service which I did not use. This is clearly unacceptable on the part of the verizon. And after being loyal customer for more than two years, this is how they treat their customers. Completely unhappy with treatment and never switching back to verizon again.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon did not refund me the remaining amount they owe
jonjones1
Legend

@Abhi wrote:

I had verizon fios internet service at my home for more than two years. It was 2 year contract which expired last November 2016 on 16th. After that even though I did not ask them to extend they continued my service. When I called them on 23rd November to discontinue the service. The agent told me she will get the service discontinued from today midnight and we will refund you the remaining amount(I was already charged 74.99$ for the month after contract). After waiting for two and half month I still did not receive the remaining amount. When I called verizon customer care today, the agent told me they can not refund me the amount. First of all, I was not in any contract and secondly earlier agent had clearly told me I will be getting the refund for remaining amount. Also I  never asked to continue my service after contract expired. I was just asking for refund for service which I did not use. This is clearly unacceptable on the part of the verizon. And after being loyal customer for more than two years, this is how they treat their customers. Completely unhappy with treatment and never switching back to verizon again.

First you were not automatically placed on a new contract. You went to a month to month service.

when you pay the month you can use the month until the next billing date. Once in the month usage of any duration is not going to be refunded.

i will assume that Verizon did not charge you any more months after that last charge?

many companies do this and no fraud or erroneous billing is envolved in this case.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon did not refund me the remaining amount they owe
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Abhi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes