Verizon field tech complaint.
monkeypills

A week and a couple of days ago, FIOS finally became available in my town.  I was excited, so I signed up to get it, and finally on that day, the tech came out on a Saturday, ran the lines, hooked up the ONT, and I had FIOS.

The following Wednesday night, my service was out.  The ONT had a red "fail" light.  So I try rebooting it.  Nothing.  Contact support on Thursday after work, go though the diagnostics on their end, but then they tell me"a tech will need to come out".  My window is the next day (Friday), from 3-7pm.  Guy shows up at 4, looks at my ONT, sees that the fiber isnt sending anything, and leaves to go check the "hub" which is where all the homes end up plugged in, like when you patch onto a network switch.

The tech comes back and tells me that my assigned port was moved to another one that wasnt active and that he would move me back to the correct one.  Sure enough, I had service again.  I go out to dinner right after, come back, my service is out again.  I contact support, tell them what happened, and they tell me, "a tech can come out the next day (Saturday) between 8a-12p. 

The tech comes out and runs through the same rituall.  I had been moved off the port in the hub, again.  He moves me back, puts a note next to the ONT which port I am supposed to be in, says he is putting a tag on my line at the hub that says "Do Not Move", so that I dont get moved again.  Within an hour, I lose all service, again. Now I am getting very angry, so I get in my car and go to the “hub”, which is right down the street. Two techs are there. I get out and tell them what happened. He interrupts me and asks if I am on a certain street. I said yes I am. He said “I moved you off because I had an install”. I told him that this was now the third time I was moved and if this could stop because I am getting tired of calling support. He says, “well someone has to figure this out”. The guy with him was looking down and smiling, like he thought it was working. The other tech, Tommy, says, go home, its working now.

Not once did anyone think of contacting me when moving me off to make sure that I still had service. I am an IT professional in health care.  I am on-call for the Surgical dept 24/7, and I could be remotely helping someone in the operating room, with a patient on the table, and a Verizon tech just decides to pull me out of service and move me because he needs that port? And since they are union, these guys don’t really care that much. Also, my repair ticket was changed to “Sorry we missed you”, and then closed? Why? Probably so that I cant respond to a survey.

Not to mention that I was out for 3 straight days and now have to go to Customer Service and fight with them to get compensated. I was told on the phone that in order to get compensated, the repair ticket has to be open for 24hours minimum. Otherwise I have to call and go thought automated prompts.

I have had FIOS for less than 2 weeks, and already had 3 total service outages, because the field techs cant agree on which port I am supposed to be in.  I am spending my day wondering if someone is going to move me again. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon field tech complaint.
jonjones1
Legend

The long story short is the service is working now as it should? If not I don’t know what state you reside in but in NY you can file a complaint at 

http://www3.dps.ny.gov/W/PSCWeb.nsf/All/D3B8CADF2783905085257687006F394D?OpenDocument

Other states may have a government agency to handle your complaint.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Verizon field tech complaint.
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi monkeypills,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes