Switch Account

Verizon fios router wi-fi trouble

Verizon fios router wi-fi trouble

Copper Contributor roofrabbit
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(408 Views)

Wi-fi connection using Verizon FIOS router stops 1 - 5 minutes.  All wi-fi devices will stop and restart at the approximate same time.

Sometimes a connected device reports that the router can't be found, sometimes reports that the ISP can't  be connected.  Minutes later, all is OK. I have already run Verizon troubleshooter, moved the router, and rebooted. 

My daughter thinks that the router is overwhelmed with too many wi-fi connections.  I have 3 Alexa devices, three cell phones,  2 wi-fi tablets, 3 laptops, and 2 desktop computers, 2 active wi-fi printers,  video games and Amazon-controlled devices.

1.  Does her hypothesis have merit?

2.  How to contact Verizon Internet support?  Email on web page  is unresponsive!

1 REPLY 1
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2
(377 Views)

Verizon recently did a firmware upgrade which may be the cause of your issue. Try hard reseting your router to see if it fixes your intermittent issues. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.