Verizon internet/browsing "hints".
Haller

Just switched to Fios and am continually having "hints" appearing on the lower right side of the screen.  I uninstalled

the Verizon toolbar, but this annoying pop up won't go away.  Would appreciate it if someone could explain how to turn

this off.

bob

0 Likes
Re: Verizon internet/browsing "hints".
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

what browser are you using and what does the tip say about it?

0 Likes
Haller

Thanks for responding Donald.  The hints are Verizon generated.  Things like "Would you like to find out how

to block websites for users under 17 years old?"  I can close the pop up or the only other option is ask me later.

Am running Vista and use both foxfire and IE.  The hints appear sporadically, not necessarily when the browser is being used.

bob

0 Likes
Hairstylinstacy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never had that happen to me(using Firefox)

Possibly try hitting Cntl+alt+delete to open up task manager and see if you have any verizon programs running in the background.

You could also try typing msconfig in the search box and selecting the startup tab to see if there is a program running at startup that is causing the popups.

0 Likes
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

Can always uninstall the program or use msconfig to stop this from automatically booting at startup, assuming you are using Windows XP. 

Just look up msconfig on google if you are not familiar with this program.  It only works on Windows XP operating systems however.

0 Likes