Verizon internet security suite
Peders

I am subscribed (and being billed) for Verizon internet security suite but the "my services" pop up continues to inform me that the service is inactive. I get the following message " This service is listed as "inactive" because you are not subscribed to the service."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.  Technical assistance has spent considerable time with me but has not been able to rectify the problem. Any ideas before I cancel. I assume I am unprotected although the verizon security test congratulates me on being subscribed.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon internet security suite
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I dont know about you but I'm a cheapskate. If it were me, I'd drop the Verizon security and just load in one of those free anti-virus programs like AVG or Avast. I personally use the AVG and couldnt be happier.

Besides I think those security suite programs are just too bloated anyway. But that depends on your needs. Do you use all the programs that come with it? Or are you just after the Anti Virus and Firewall?

I only use the Anti-virus, the router is plenty of firewall for me but even then if you really want a firewall, you can get a free one other there like Zone Alarm or something like that.

But then, thats just me. I'm too cheap to pay for those thing. Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
PGJK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this problem many, many times. It usually requires an entire re-installation of the software and/or activation. You can access this through your account page, under manage "Broadband Extras". I only say this because of all my consequent phone calls to Tech support ...only to have to download and re-install it again in the end.

Inconvenient ...YES!!! ...but apparently necessary if you plan to use the SUITE. Also if you reinstall your OS and/or seemingly exceed the allotted 3 PCs ...You will have to do this again anyway.

...just like {please keep your posts courteous}they keep track of the # of PCs currently using the software.

0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

If you decide to keep the Verizon Internet Security Suite, here is what I would do:

1. Uninstall VISS
  2. Uninstall any other antivirus software
  3. Use an uninstaller to verify that all components of antivirus have been removed (for example, if that PC ever used McAffee, google "McAffee Removal Tool" and you will see a utility that you can download to completely uninstall. 
  4. Reboot PC
  5. Install VISS

Let us know if you have any questions on that. 

0 Likes