Verizon is making it difficult for customers to get overpayment reimbursed

Four days ago, I spoke to a Verizon customer rep about an overpayment that Verizon received directly from my bank.  Because the next bill is not due for more than a month from my last payment, I requested that Verizon credit it back to my bank.  The rep told me that I would have to fax proof of overpayment in form of my bank statement even though it has my bank account number.  I told her that "the proof of overpayment is a credit of $130.44 in my Verizon account and the source shows that it came from my bank.  What other proof can there be?"  Further more, I told her that I don't have a fax machine but would consider using email.  She said that Verizon doesn't accept email of payment proof.  Really?  This is nonsense since Verizon emailed me a cover page for me to fax the proof to them!!  I am very puzzled by this roundabout business practice to make it more difficult for customer to get their money refunded.  I insist that Verizon change this practice and refund the overpayment to my bank.  I will file a complaint with the Maryland Consumer Protection Agency if there isn't a satisfactory solution to this.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is making it difficult for customers to get overpayment reimbursed
NicoleD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a problem with my billing with Verizon since December. I am on the phone again and have been on the phone for over and hour. They have more then triple billed me, but no one can see the bill to review the charges. Verizon land line as a company has made it next to impossible for reps to do their jobs. They are splitting the company in small pieces giving no department full access to your account. I would strongly suggest you take your account off auto billing. Review your bill each month than pay it manually.

dino1461

I am also having a billing issue!! I have had billing issues nearly every month for the past 6 months. The worst happened this week. A few days ago, I got my latest Verizon bill that was $25 more than usual. I called to ask what happened, and the lady said she could change my plan a bit and get me back down to my old amount, but my internet speed might be reduced a little. I said that was fine. Then, she sent me an email that said I had made a brand new order, which actually cost MORE than what Verizon had charged me on my latest bill AND it said she signed me up for some new 2-year agreement, which I certainly did not agree to and this was not made clear that that was what she was doing. I called today and was speaking with someone, but got disconnected when she put me on hold. Then I called back and was told I couldn't be connected to the person I had been speaking to before and that nothing on my account was changed yet in the system, so they weren't sure what they could do. When I asked to just have my service disconnected, I was told that I would be charged an early termination fee for the new 2-year agreement placed 2 days ago that I did not want. Then, I hung up and tried the online chat feature, but when I told the representative my issue, he said I had to call Verizon customer service back because he couldn't handle financial issues.  I find this customer service to be outrageous--first raising my bill without telling me, then signing me up for a new plan without making it clear that I'm entering into a new contract, then telling me I can't cancel the plan that I didn't want in the first place because I will be charged an early termination fee, and then not being able to help me online. Where does a person go from here??

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 159753,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NicoleD,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dino1461,

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

dino146,

We've had to close your private support case due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please reach out to us by creating a public posting in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We've had to close your private support case due to non-response. If you still require assistance please reach out to us by creating a public posting in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

NicoleD,

We've had to close your private support case due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please reach out to us by creating a public posting in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
dino1461

Verizon, for some reason I am unable to respond to your posts in the private message area. The "reply" button is grayed out and unclickable. Please email or call me through the contact information provided on my account.

0 Likes