Verizon is not recognizing my equipment return
ac311

I returned my FIOS gateway router back on June 1, 2018. 

When I log in to MyVerizon, I get a message that says "Return your equipment..."

I'm also getting email reminders to return the equipment or get charged for it.

I've done the customer service chat, I've called also.  Each time I'm told that it will be cleared in 2-3 days.  It's been 2+ months.

I have the receipt from the Verizon store I physically returned the router to.  Customer service has said they don't need it.  Yet, here we are, with an outstanding router return on my account. 

Is there anyway to escalate this past the front line customer service?  Is thee another number or email?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is not recognizing my equipment return
jonjones1
Legend

@ac31 wrote:

I returned my FIOS gateway router back on June 1, 2018. 

When I log in to MyVerizon, I get a message that says "Return your equipment..."

I'm also getting email reminders to return the equipment or get charged for it.

I've done the customer service chat, I've called also.  Each time I'm told that it will be cleared in 2-3 days.  It's been 2+ months.

I have the receipt from the Verizon store I physically returned the router to.  Customer service has said they don't need it.  Yet, here we are, with an outstanding router return on my account. 

Is there anyway to escalate this past the front line customer service?  Is thee another number or email?

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search. They have regulatory authority over Verizon. 

This not getting equipment back is just a scam. Google it, see how many others go through the hoop jumping.

you can also file a complaint at http://www.fcc.gov which has an online complaint portal.

you can also complain to http://www.bbb.org 

in any case Verizon executive escalations department will contact you to fix the issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is not recognizing my equipment return
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi ac31,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes