Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Verizon is unable to solve the slow internet issue

taewan88
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Verizon is unable to solve the slow internet issue

Message 1 of 5
(1,979 Views)

I had 50/35 plan for years and I recently found that the actual speed was 15/0.2. Verizon sent me the technician two times to solve the issue. After two visits and 6 hours spent on the issue by a technician, the speed came up to 50/2.5. The upload is still not solved yet. The technician said the building I live uses DSL, not fiber, and the maximum I can get would be 10 Mbps. He suggested me to downgrade the plan then I will get the upload speed up to 10mbps.

I downgraded my plan to 15/5 by paying extra $5/months than my old 50/35 plan, and I tested the upload speed again. It's 15/2.4 now, which is very depressing result that I essentially paid more to downgrade the plan by following the technician's advice for the same speed. Verizon should higher my upload speed to 5mbps as supposed to be, or I will soon drop my membership after being a customer for 5 years with Verizon. 

4 REPLIES 4
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon is unable to solve the slow internet issue

Message 2 of 5
(1,971 Views)

Are you testing to speedtest.Verizon.net?

That tests connection to Verizon network.

The only test Verizon will accept.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
taewan88
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,968 Views)

yes. I only use Verizon Test.

https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(1,915 Views)

I believe you are using DSL and not fiber optics (Fios) the speed you are saying you had used for years and the downgraded speed of 15/1 brings me to believe your not using high speed Fios internet.

that speed test site you gave a link to is not for DSL customers but Fios subscribers.

so that Test is absolutely worthless. 

Find out what service you actually pay for and call verizon to have them test it from your home.

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 5 of 5
(1,892 Views)

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.