Verizon.net e-mail
fjacksonjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FIOS and I use outlook express for my e mail using verizon.net as my domain.  I have W-XP but I am going to switch to W-7 in the near future.  Will I still be able to use Verizon.net in my e-mail  address ?  If so, how do I access it seeing as how W-7 does not support Iutleek Express.  This worries me as I have numerour contacts that correspond with me via that address..  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net e-mail
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Yes, the Verizon.net email is a POP3 email so any Pop3 email client will work. Windows Vista changed Outlook express to "Windows mail" (same thing different name), I think W7 uses the same name "windows mail". It uses the same settings as Outlook express.

Or you could download any other client like...

Thunderbird

Eudora

Incredimail

and so forth

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@fjacksonjr wrote:

I have FIOS and I use outlook express for my e mail using verizon.net as my domain.  I have W-XP but I am going to switch to W-7 in the near future.  Will I still be able to use Verizon.net in my e-mail  address ?  If so, how do I access it seeing as how W-7 does not support Iutleek Express.  This worries me as I have numerour contacts that correspond with me via that address..  Thanks for any help.

Yes you can access your Verizon email. I have a Windows 7 laptop that replaced an XP laptop (gave that to my wife), no changes to the Verizon accounts.

Windows 7 does not support Outlook Express or Vista's Windows Mail. However, there is an email client available for Windows 7 called Windows Live Mail. While it is part of the Windows Live set of products, I don't really see any connection to the others, it is just an email client somewhat similar to Outlook Express but without the icons, etc. You can import your OE Address Book and your mail folders into Windows Live Mail, and it includes a basic Calendar function that OE did not have. The Accounts definitions and Options in Windows Live Mail appear almost exactly the same as the ones in OE.

I an extremely pleased with Windows 7. I was an XP fan, but 7 is far, far better IMHO.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Windows Live Mail

You will need to export your current address book, mail etc. from the XP machine and then import them to Windows Live Mail

You could download it now as it works with XP.

0 Likes
fjacksonjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks  very much for the replies.  That put my mind at ease some.  But reading other posts it seems that windows Mail is not supported in W-7 either, only Windows Live.  I assume this is not a POP3 type so my next questions,  will I be able to import both of my Verizon.net OE accounts into Wimdows Live and will I still be able to use my e mail address with Verizon.net in it?  I may take your advice and load this new mail service on my standby machine still using W-XP to see if it works for me.  I have a lot of stuff stored in those accounts that I would hate to lose.  Thanks again

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The windows live mail is a pop3 client. Just another name. Its similar to the OE and Windows mail, just a slightly different interface. But it still works the same.  Or like I said, you can always use one of the miriad of other email programs out there. Just to name a few...Thunderbird (free), Eudora (free), Incredimail (free), Outlook (pay, part of MS OFFICE)

0 Likes
fjacksonjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to all who answered this.  I consider the question solved. However, how do I matk it solved ??  As you can see, I;m new at this

0 Likes