Verizon not honoring promotion
Srosa89
Enthusiast - Level 1
So I just got off the phone with supposedly the best customer service on the market (what a laugh) after an hour of being transferred from department to department I was told that the 300$ visa gift card that was promised when I signed up for this triple play bundle in April of last year was not seen on my account. I was then given the excuse that the bundle discount which brought my triple play down to 79.99 plus all the extras for set top boxes and router and so on was why I would not receive my promotional offer?! I explained to the representative that I was offered the triple play at that rate plus the gift card and was told there was no records of this in my account! I have done a little research and have found that I am not the only customer having issues with my promotion being honored to me and have wasted my time trying to get a straight answer from anyone I have spoken to representing Verizon. I have had the service for almost a year now and been patiently waiting on what I was told would automatically come to me after 90 days of having the service and when I call in I can't get a straight answer from anyone and have to be ping ponged around from department to department to get no where. I am extremely frustrated at this point because what I thought was a simple question regarding my offer turned into a huge headache and I don't know if I can even trust this company who I have been raving about and getting all my friends to switch. I thought this was a much better service than bright house but I must say being a bright house member in the past I recieved much better customer service than this (which is saying a lot because their customer service is very poor) but they also honored any promises they made. I am very disappointed with the customer service and lack of awareness between departments and am still left wondering where on earth is my gift card?!
Tags (1)
Re: Verizon not honoring promotion
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Srosa89,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
jdooley1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem.  They literally just told me almost the exact same thing word for word.  I signed up at the end of July and have been waiting.  They are now trying to tell me that they have no record of the gift card, and that I am instead receiving a monthly discount as compensation for signing up for the two year contract.

This is a flat out lie.  The only difference between the two year agreement and no contract was the gift card.  The exact same 24-month discounts applied regardless or whether or not a 2-year contract is accepted.  

Additionally, the previous 2 people I had talked to at Verizon about this issue said that they didn't even see me on a two-year agreement - which is false because I specifically signed up for that and the gift card.  Then, I talk to a supervisor and she all of a sudden tells me that I am on a two year agreement and that the other people 'just didn't look into it enough.'  This is also a lie.  It really feels like they just threw me on an agreement so that I wouldn't cancel after them blatantly lying to me and telling me that I won't be getting a gift card.

Awful, awful customer service, and awful awful experience.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jdooley,

Sorry you are also having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
AllenD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm glad to see I'm not alone.  This seems to be a recurring problem.  My billing even shows the corporate discount that I recieve through connections that was part of the Visa gift card.  Somehow this isn't enough to show that I am entitled by the offer to a Visa gift card.  This surely seems like an issue of false advertising that could definately bring some pain to Verizon.  I can say that despite having great speed and service to my house, I highly doubt that I will stay with verizon just on the principle of their business model.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello AllenD

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
marencel10
Enthusiast - Level 1

They give you the same, copy and paste responses. Nobody actually assists you, which is amazing. I switched over in October, and still haven't seen my $400 gift card. It took me 50 minutes to get someone on the phone last week, then after being transfered to 4 different departments, I ended up getting someone telling me I would have my card by no later than the early part of this upcoming week.  I highly doubt that will happen, so I prepared to cancel my cell phone plan in the upcoming months since that contract will be up. And I will also switch back to comcast when this contract ends. And please don't give me the same "Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent." Save ur time copying and pasting that response and just locate my money that you guys promised. Sound good? Ok great. 

Srosa89
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the response that I recieved from Verizon in regards to my complaint. They obviously didn't even read my complaint considering they offered me the same excuse the phone rep did about the discounted bundle! The bundle was discounted to begin with which is the whole reason I signed up to begin with! I was offered the triple play at the promotional rate as well as the gift card but it's becoming quite transparent that I will never get it! Thank you Verizon for solving nothing and proving yourself to be yet another big corporate crook!

{edited for privacy}

AllenD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my response.  It's a new one that I hadn't seen posted in the forums before.  They said because I had the discount of "fiber ready" ($20 cheaper installation) that I was not elibible for the gift card.  So because the previous owners had FIOS and the ONT was already installed, you don't get the gift card.  By this logic, I should have ripped the ONT out, paid the extra $20 and then would be eligible for the gift card.  I will be discontinuing my service when my contract is up, no doubt.  Also working in the IT world, I have suggest FIOS to multiple coworkers and clients.  I will be recinding the suggestions promptly and letting them know this companies false advertising claims.  Our corporation has a "connections" discount that I am sure they will not be fond to hear one of their companies they associate with has values as such.

0 Likes
travelnrn
Enthusiast - Level 1

We joined in July 2014. I did not receive the small gift card until December and we still have NOT received the coupon for the LG tablet/$200 towards any other tablet. I have called on 3 occasions to a 3rd party that handles Verizon promotions. Each time they verify my email and tell me that it will take 3 days to receive my coupon. I watch Spam and my inbox to no avail. 

All this would be no big deal if only the actual SERVICE worked as it should. But that's another forum.

Just BEWARE that if you move to an area where they don't have service, that's your problem. You still have to pay $10/month for the balance of your contract. end of story.